Introductory Videos...

Notifications
Clear all

Introductory Videos Discussion

DaveDeckard
Admin
Topic starter
(@davedeckard)

Hopefully you've had a chance to view our four introductory videos covering topics of God, Bible, Jesus, and Church. We're not even close to done! We'll be adding videos as the months roll by. But we figured those four would provide a basic start. We're cool like that! We stop and consider assumptions that most congregations take for granted.

Once you've seen the videos, feel free to comment, ask questions, or make suggestions about them in this forum thread! 

12 Replies
cetiger
(@cetiger)
Eminent Member

Excellent job with the videos!  Great production work, and most of all clear, concise overviews of vital topics which can so easily become weaponized, frustrating, or exasperatingly complicated.  Thank you! 

DaveDeckard
Admin
Topic starter
(@davedeckard)

Thanks! We worked hard on those, as I'm sure Trish will attest. Hers is the real magic.

In the coming weeks we'll be posting other videos to the blog section. They won't be permanent introduction videos, but similar. They'll explore other aspects of theology. The next one up is, "What is faith?"

1 Reply
bri41476
(@bri41476)

@davedeckard Totally looking forward to that one...is Trish holding you to a 2-minute time limit? 😆

Rosanna
(@rosanna)

I approve! The videos are great. I am looking forward to sharing them with some folks that I know are looking for something *different.* Thanks to Trish for being my video hero! I love that you guys change it up and are so often outside. SO GOOD!

4 Replies
trishabraun
Admin
(@trishabraun)

@rosanna happy to hear you’re liking the videos! And filming in different locations has been a ton of fun. *announcer voice* Where will Trish and Dave adventure off to next? Find out in our next video!

DaveDeckard
Admin
(@davedeckard)

@trishabraun Ok, Caesar Flickerman, I'll bring the car and you bring the road map. We have to stop for food somewhere along the way, though.

Hannah
(@hannah)

@davedeckard I'm assuming you two don't want the liver and onions I packed for your trip?

DaveDeckard
Admin
(@davedeckard)

@hannah BLECH!!!

jen
 jen
(@jen)

Re: the Why Jesus? video. Someone needs to create a Jesus the Cosmic Jawbreaker religious icon. Or t-shirt. Or icon t-shirt.

3 Replies
jen
 jen
(@jen)

I like the idea in the Why Jesus? video of Jesus as "Cosmic Jawbreaker." (Remind me, please. How do I delete a reply that I've made?)

DaveDeckard
Admin
(@davedeckard)

@jen JENNNNNN!!!!

Folks, we are in the presence of one of the cosmically great theologians, a formative force in my own thinking and a wonderful person. We really should get working on those cosmic jawbreaker shirts!!!

jen
 jen
(@jen)

@davedeckard Thanks, Dave!!! Just saw this. You made my day. And also with you, my friend.

Share: